We’ve made discouraging irresponsible drinking one of our top sustainable development priorities, and the reason is simple: When people drink too much, they can hurt themselves, other people and their communities. No one benefits, not even us.
Our approach to helping reduce alcohol harm requires regular reviews of our commercial governance practices to reflect society’s expectations. We believe that our policies on employee behaviour, commercial communication and product innovation are at the cutting edge of our industry, as is the company wide training programme that reinforces our beliefs in this area.
Different things work in different markets, so our efforts are locally designed and run with help from local partners. They are all built on our six core principles on alcohol, which are:
- Our beer adds to the enjoyment of life for the overwhelming majority of our consumers
- We care about the harmful effects of irresponsible alcohol consumption
- We engage stakeholders and work collectively with them to address irresponsible consumption
- Alcohol consumption is for adults and is a matter of individual judgement and accountability
- Information provided to consumers about alcohol consumption should be accurate and balanced
- We expect our employees to aspire to high levels of conduct in relation to alcohol consumption.
We tackle the issue of responsible drinking through the following educational programmes: